Learn how PandaScore handles scenarios specific to DotA 2 esports.
DotA 2 is a 5-versus-5 multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA). During a game, each players controls a character selected from a set of heroes. By killing players and neutral enemies on the map, they acquire the resources necessary to gain levels and purchase items.
See list of heroes with the DotA 2 > List heroes endpoint.
During the course of a game, players play at different positions called roles. Our DotA 2 players role follow the 1-to-5 system.
- 1 — hard carry: position 1 is the highest priority for experience and gold. They usually pick heroes that scale great with levels and items.
- 2 — carry: position 2 is second in terms of need for experience and gold.
- 3 — damage dealer that relies less on experience and gold than 1 and 2.
- 4 — secondary support: position 4 helps with the support items when the 5 cannot afford it.
- 5 — support: position 5 buys support items for the team, and sometimes items for the 1 and 2.
Read more on the role system on liquiddota.com.
A note on mixed roles
This system used to be more fluid. Consequently, players often occupied multiple positions. For such players, PandaScore gives roles such as
1/2, which means both 1 and 2.
Updated 9 months ago