DotA 2 is a 5-versus-5 multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA). During a game, each players controls a character selected from a set of heroes. By killing players and neutral enemies on the map, they acquire the resources necessary to gain levels and purchase items.
See list of heroes with the DotA 2 > List heroes endpoint.
During the course of a game, players play at different positions called roles. Our DotA 2 players role follow the 1-to-5 system.
- 1 — hard carry: position 1 is the highest priority for experience and gold. They usually pick heroes that scale great with levels and items.
- 2 — carry: position 2 is second in terms of need for experience and gold.
- 3 — damage dealer that relies less on experience and gold than 1 and 2.
- 4 — secondary support: position 4 helps with the support items when the 5 cannot afford it.
- 5 — support: position 5 buys support items for the team, and sometimes items for the 1 and 2.
Read more on the role system on liquiddota.com.
This system used to be more fluid. Consequently, players often occupied multiple positions. For such players, PandaScore gives roles such as
1/2, which means both 1 and 2.
Updated 5 months ago